Rental Car Agent
RENTAL CAR AGENT MENU
WHAT IS A RENTAL CAR AGENT?
A rental car agent is defined in ARS § 20-331 as a rental car company that offers ro sells insurance at the rental company office or other rental site or process a preselection of coverage in a master, corporate, group or individual rental agreement for any of the following kinds or types of insurance, separately or in combination:
- Accident and health or sickness insurance that provides coverage, as applicable, to renters and other rental vehicle occupants for accidental death or dismemberment and reimbursement for medical expenses that result from an accident that occurs during the rental period.
- Liability insurance that provides coverage, as applicable, to renters and other authorized drivers of rental vehicles for liability that arises from the operation of the rental vehicles, including uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage separately or in combination with other liability insurance.
- Personal property insurance that provides coverage, as applicable, to renters and other vehicle occupants for the loss of or damage to personal effects that occurs during the rental period.
- Vehicle breakdown coverage.
- Physical damage insurance that provides coverage to renters and other authorized drivers of rental vehicles for property damage liability that arises from the operation of the vehicle.
WHO MUST BE LICENSED?
Any firm or corporation that sells or offers to sell insurance in Arizona in connection with and incidental to vehicle rental agreements must hold a rental car agent license.
Rental Car Agent
All insurance professionals (both residents and nonresidents) can apply for licenses, renew licenses, and update addresses and phone numbers online through the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR), at www.nipr.com.
NIPR license and renewal applications are easy to complete, and we can usually process them faster than applications that are mailed to us. NIPR charges a small transaction fee (around $5 to $7) to process a license application and fee payment. Many people have found that overall, the added convenience plus the time and postage savings are worth paying the fee.
USE NIPR FOR FREE to change an address, e-mail address or phone number!