Licensing/Registration: Service Company
You do not need a service company permit if you are any of the following:
- A manufacturer of a product that issues warranties on the product.
- Motor vehicle manufacturers that pay claims for service contracts they sell.
- An affiliate of a product manufacturer that issues warranties or service contracts and that submits annual audited financial statements per ARS § 20-1095.02(A)(3).
- Companies that sell service contracts to persons other than a consumer (i.e. reseller).
- Companies that issue service contracts that cover only one the following types of items that the company sells or services:
- Appliances and/or electronic equipment;
- Residential heating, cooling or air conditioning systems;
- Mechanical equipment is other than motor vehicles or their components.
Example: Acme Air Conditioning sells service contracts only on the AC units that they sell or service; their main business is selling or servicing AC units.
- Companies that, directly or through retailers, sell or service electronic personal communications devices and accessories (such as cell phones, tablets, etc.).
- Licensed residential contractors (or those exempt under ARS § 32-1121) who sell service contracts on the items, structures or improvements that they install, construct, or build.
- Companies issuing prepaid maintenance agreements that provide scheduled maintenance and do not include repair or replacement.