- You are an Arizona resident and do not already hold an Arizona insurance license for which you needed to furnish fingerprints
- You are relocating to Arizona from another state
- You are a resident of a state that does not issue the type of license you want to have in Arizona
How do I schedule my fingerprint appointment? Navigate to the Thales Gemalto Applicant Processing website. https://pci.aps.gemalto.com/azperlpub/agency_background_check.pl and enter the appropriate fingerprint code.
i. Bail Bond and Bail Recovery Agent applicants - BRA-056.A
ii. Navigator Applicants- NDI-053.A
iii. Certified Application Counselor Applicants- DIC-054.A
iv. All other insurance professional applicants - INS-055.A
If you are required to submit fingerprints:
Your fingerprints and Your Rights to Your Criminal History Record
Fingerprints that you provide in conjunction with a license application will be submitted to and checked against Arizona and FBI criminal history databases. You have the right to review and challenge your own criminal history records.
- Arizona Criminal History Record: To obtain a copy of your Arizona criminal history record in order to review/update/correct the record, you can contact the Arizona Department of Public Safety (ADPS) Criminal History Records Unit at (602) 223-2222. Information concerning the review and challenge process is available on the ADPS website at https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/records/criminal.
- Federal Identity History Summary Checks: The procedures for changing, correcting or updating your FBI criminal history record are set forth in Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 28, Chapter I, Part 16, Subpart C (§§ 16.30 through 16.34). Information on how to review and challenge an FBI criminal history record is available from the FBI website at https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/challenge-brochure.pdf/view.