Health Insurance Rates
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act requires states to provide certain information about "threshold" (15% or greater) rate increase filings, and to provide a way for the public to comment on the requested threshold rate increase filings. This page contains instructions for you to access the rate filing information and to provide public comments on open threshold rate filings to the Department.
Major Medical Health Insurance Rate Information
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act requires states to provide certain information about "threshold" (15% or greater) rate increase filings, and to provide a way for the public to comment on the requested threshold rate increase filings.
This page contains instructions for you to access the rate filing information for plan year 2022 and to provide public comments on open threshold rate filings to the Department.
Arizona Is an Effective Rate Review (“ERR”) State
Arizona has been designated an ERR state for the individual and the small-group major medical health insurance markets (effective 1/1/2013 and 1/1/2014 respectively) based on HHS regulations (see 45 CFR Part 154).
2023 Major Medical Rate and Plan Information
Click on the link to see 2023 Major Medical Health Insurance Rate Filings and Final Rate Changes
Threshold Rate Increase Information
- View frequently asked questions (FAQs) about rate increases
- Sign up on our Health Insurance Rate Increase Mailing List (see tab at the top of this page) to receive future notices about threshold rate increases.
- View previous email notices about threshold rate increases.
- The CCIIO web page provides links to additional information concerning the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- View major medical rate and plan information for the current and prior years in the DOCUMENTS section toward the bottom of this page
Search Specific Filings to View Detailed Rate Increase Information
There are two websites where you can search for and view detailed information about rate filings.
1. SERFF Filing Access (SFA) - Plan Year 2023 Information Available after October 11, 2022
SFA allows the general public to view closed form, rate, rule, and health plan binder filings that have been submitted to the Department in an electronic format through the System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing (SERFF).
- Access and review the instructions on the Department’s SERFF Filing Access page.
- At the bottom of the page, click [Proceed to SFA].
- Click [Begin Search].
- On the Filing Search page, select Business Type: Life, Accident/Health, Annuity, Credit.
- The quickest way to view 2022 filings is by searching by the filing’s SERFF Tracking Number, but you may also search by Company Name or other criteria.
You can use the RateReview.Healthcare.gov web page to find information about rate change requests including access to summarized information about filings. Follow these steps:
- Access the RateReview.Healthcare.gov search page.
- On the search page, click the [SEARCH ACA-COMPLIANT PRODUCTS] button.
- For the "State" field, use the dropdown to select “Arizona”.
- For "Company Name," enter the first characters of the company's name. For example, to search for "XYZ123 Insurance Company," you could enter 'XYZ123.'
- For the "Effective Date Range" (which is the range of dates that the new insurance rates will be effective), enter from 01/01/2022 to 12/31/2022.
- Click the [SUBMIT SEARCH] button.
- Click the link for the filing for which you want information.
- You can view the Department's final determination concerning threshold (15% or greater) rate increases at RateReview.Healthcare.gov or on the Department’s website.
Comment on Proposed Threshold Rate Increases
The Department welcomes your comments regarding open threshold rate filings. After reviewing information about a rate filing on SERFF Filng Access or RateReview.Healthcare.gov, you can submit comments about rate increase filings by emailing the Department at [email protected]. Please include the Company Name and Product Name in your email. The Department will review comments prior to issuing a final determination regarding whether the rate increase meets the regulatory standards for a reasonable threshold increase.
For additional assistance, please send email to [email protected].
Please Provide Your Feedback
Complete a quick and easy survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/adoi_consumer